Action and Decision Items

January 27, 2015, Annual RWMG Meeting

ACTION ITEMS

  • Holly will post the Oak Creek presentation and final report to the website  BOTH THE PRESENTATION AND REPORT HAVE BEEN POSTED TO THE Our Work –> Planning Grant PAGE; THE WEST WALKER REPORT HAS ALSO BEEN POSTED; I AM STILL FIGURING OUT HOW TO SHARE THE TOWN OF MAMMOTH LAKES STORMWATER MASTER PLAN AS IT IS VERY LARGE.
  • Per the outcome of the Admin. Committee meeting, Bob is going to look into Keith’s availability for working on the SCADA project, and Program Office will convene a call with Valerie to determine current status and see how we can help move things forward BOB DID GET IN TOUCH WITH JEFF AHLSTROM, WHO SAYS KEITH IS STILL ON POINT FOR THE PROJECT; HOLLY AND MCWD HAD A CONFERENCE CALL WITH VALERIE KLINEFELTER FEB. 18; HOLLY SUBSEQUENTLY SPOKE WITH INYO COUNTY PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR ABOUT STATUS OF INYO COUNTY PROJECTS.
  • RWMG directed Holly to put together proposal for Inyo-Mono to lead DAC proposal, including pros and cons for IRWMP (e.g., administration vs. actual work)  2/28/16:  HOLLY IS CURRENTLY WORKING ON THIS
  • Mark and Holly will take this discussion to Lahontan partners and express interest to lead regional proposal  MARK AND HOLLY MET WITH LAHONTAN GROUP FEB. 23, AND THE OTHER REGIONS ARE SUPPORTIVE OF INYO-MONO LEADING PROPOSAL PROCESS AND OVERALL PROJECT
  • Program Office will look into possible agencies to be grantee/fiscal sponsor MARK AND HOLLY HAVE TALKED WITH A FEW POTENTIAL/INTERESTED ENTITIES
  • We welcome ideas about the types of activities and work to be done with the funding; review the RFP and contact Program Office

DECISION ITEMS

DECISION ITEM: Approve October 28, 2015, Meeting Summary

  • Rick motions to approve the notes. Bruce seconds. All approved.

DECISION ITEM: Elect new Administrative Committee members

  • Bob motions for Bridgeport Indian Colony, Mono Lake Committee, and City of Bishop to serve two-year terms on the Admin. Committee. Rick seconds. No discussion. All approved.

DECISION ITEM: Continue with Lahontan funding area allocation using same formula as that used with Proposition 84 (see table below)

  • Bruce motions to allow the Program office to start with the status quo (Proposition 84 allocation) and use that as the minimum for negotiations. Irene seconds. All approved.

DECISION ITEM: (1) Authorize ECWA to act as book keeper for RWMG on an hourly ($50/hr.) basis to accept & payout funds. (2) Authorize ECWA to undertake administration services for RWMG per Proposal to RWMG dated 12-09-2015 (see attached). Note even after authorization and commitment confirmation by ECWA, proposal dated 12-09-2015 would only become active when deemed necessary by the Group.  No ECWA director is being paid under either Item 1 or 2.

  • Mark motions to approve ECWA as bookkeeper and overseer of monies from fundraising campaign; has authority to write checks based on scope of work to be presented to Group at next meeting; Group approved expenditures from ECWA for Prop. 1 DAC proposal coordination and development; grant Holly Alpert authority to authorize expenditures by ECWA on behalf of the Group; Admin. Committee to review expenditures as having fiscal oversight. Rick seconds. All approved.
  • Postponing other part of decision item related to….

October 28, 2015, Regular RWMG Meeting

ACTION ITEMS

  • We are asking for those interested in serving on the Admin. Committee to contact the Program Office before the January 2016 meeting so that we can include it in the agenda  NO INTEREST WAS EXPRESSED BEFORE JANUARY 2016 MEETING
  • Powerpoint presentations that were given as part of this agenda item have been posted to the website under the Our Work –> Planning Grant menu item.
  • Mark will bring scenarios from the Lahontan funding group to the RWMG for decisions as necessary  THIS WAS A DECISION ITEM AT JANUARY 2016 MEETING
  • Action Item: Holly and Mark will work with Leroy to develop and send fundraising letter  FUNDRAISING LETTER SENT TO ALL RWMG MEMBERS AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS IN EARLY DECEMBER 2015
  • Holly will post Walking Water video from Alan on website  VIDEO POSTED AS NEWS ITEM ON FEBRUARY 5, 2016

DECISION ITEMS

DECISION ITEM: In the absence of California Trout serving as lead agency for the Inyo-Mono IRWM Program and Program Office institutional backing, the IRWM Program will consider contracting an alternative entity for its administration, finance, grant writing, and other services as needed.

  • Leroy motions. Rick seconds. All approved.

May 27, 2015, Regular RWMG Meeting

Action Item:  Holly will post the Strategic Plan presentation to the Inyo-Mono website.  STRATEGIC PLAN PRESENTATION FROM IRWM CONFERENCE HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE WEBSITE AS A NEWS ITEM (http://inyo-monowater.org/2015/08/conference-exhibit-for-irwm-strategic-plan/).

Action Item:  Mark will look to enter into early conversations with other Lahontan funding area IRWM regions regarding Prop. 1 funding agreements and bring information and/or decision items back to the Group.  FIRST MEETING WAS HELD EARLY NOVEMBER 2015.

Action Item:  Mark will regroup with the transition committee and embark on a more formal discussion

April 22, 2015, Regular RWMG Meeting

Action item:  Mark will prepare a brief on the Inyo-Mono IRWMP and funding needs.

Action item:  Mark will look at holding another call of the transition working committee and will report on the idea of soliciting support outside the RWMG.  AT MAY 27 MEETING IT WAS DECIDED THAT MARK WOULD HOLD ANOTHER CALL OF THE WORKING COMMITTEE.

January 28, 2015 Regular/Annual RWMG Meeting

  • DECISION ITEM: Approve process for obtaining letters of support from the RWMG (see attached proposed process at end of agenda)
    • Revised Decision Item: (1) Initial requests for letters of support should be sent to the Program Office; (2) Program Office staff will send the request to the RWMG Membership; (3) Members will have five calendar days to review and send any objections to the Program Office; (4) if Members pose objections, we ask, as a courtesy, that they provide reasons for their objections; (5) objectors can also ask for more time to take letters to governing boards; (6) if there are no objections, Program Office will provide the letter to the requestor; (7) Program Office can also veto the letter outright if it sees problems or incompatibilities upon first request.
    • Irene motions to approve this revised process; Mark seconds; all approved.